Heath Park Film and Media Studies

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Heath Park Film and Media Studies

A student forum to talk about the Film Media courses we run at Heath Park

4 posters

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

amie

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Empty Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Post  amie Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:14 am

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is a film made in 2005, this comes from the book of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory writen by Roald Dahl. This film is directed by Tim Burton and the main actors are Freddie Highmore who plays the part of Charlie Bucket and Johnny Depp who plays the part of Willy Wonka. The storyline is about a boy who is 1 out of a few who wins a tour around the chocolate factory, with Willy Wonka showing them around.

This is a Warner Bros film. Previous to Burton's participation, directors such as Gary Ross, Rob Minkoff, Martin Scorsese and Tom Shadyac had been involved, while Warner Bros. either considered or discussed the role of Willy Wonka with Nicolas Cage and Jim Carrey. Burton immediately brought regular collaborators Johnny Depp and Danny Elfman aboard.

Filming lasted from June to December 2004 at Pinewood Studios in England, where Burton avoided using digital effects as much as possible. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was released to critical praise and was a box office success, grossing approximately $475 million worldwide. Suspect
    Mr Fletcher
    Mr Fletcher
    Admin

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Empty Re: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Post  Mr Fletcher Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:25 am

Good start - look back at task list on the blog post to develop what you have to say.

One thing to look at with this film is to compare it to the critical and commercial success of the 1970s version with Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka...
    Charlotte.x

Post  Charlotte.x Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:48 am

Eurgh! why would you pick the second one? although critics said the first was really crap i reckon they should have left it as a crappy film (i dnt think its crap) instead of giving the americans something else to add lights, music, ridiculous costumes to? seriously, its as though they have nothing to spend their wages on.

Post  ... Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:52 am

The first one would have been a much better choice! This one has been ruined. "/
    Ezamber

Post  Ezamber Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:54 am

Charlotte.x wrote:Eurgh! why would you pick the second one? although critics said the first was really crap i reckon they should have left it as a crappy film (i dnt think its crap) instead of giving the americans something else to add lights, music, ridiculous costumes to? seriously, its as though they have nothing to spend their wages on.

rantey ranty
    Charlotte.x

Post  Charlotte.x Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:54 am

i really dislike the second thats all ahehehhe

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content