Heath Park Film and Media Studies

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Heath Park Film and Media Studies

A student forum to talk about the Film Media courses we run at Heath Park

2 posters

In Bruges (That's in Belgium)

MrPink
    MrPink

In Bruges (That's in Belgium) Empty In Bruges (That's in Belgium)

Post  MrPink Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:27 am

In Bruges

In Bruges is about an assassin who goes to Bruges (Belgium) to kill a priest but it goes awfully wrong in the process. The film is funny and has a brilliantly constructed plot/narrative. At first I heard about the film through my brother but never really got round to watching it. Until we saw the 1st half in media and I enjoyed it. I then went home and decided to watch it. I didn’t even know it was a British film but now thinking about it, the actors pretty much give it away. The film overall is brilliant and is a must watch.

The film was budgeted at £15 million and got a total gross of £33,084,467. It was nominated for a total of seven awards by the British Independent Film Awards and only won 1 of them. IMDB gave it a total of 8.1 out of 10 and fetched 85,765 votes in total. affraid
    Mr Fletcher
    Mr Fletcher
    Admin

In Bruges (That's in Belgium) Empty Re: In Bruges (That's in Belgium)

Post  Mr Fletcher Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:38 am

It got an oscar nomination as well...

So what do the reviews say? Find some positive and some negative ones and summarise what they think. And look at the marketing - what kind of film does it appear to be from the marketing campaign?
    MrPink
    MrPink

In Bruges (That's in Belgium) Empty Perfect.

Post  MrPink Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:43 am

You Don't Ask for Much. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHPENISHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAQHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    Mr Fletcher
    Mr Fletcher
    Admin

Post  Mr Fletcher Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:45 am

It's nearly the end of lesson 3, you've had over three hours to produce what you've produced on here, I don't think it's much.
    MrPink
    MrPink

In Bruges (That's in Belgium) Empty In Bruges (That's in Belgium)

Post  MrPink Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:54 am

In Bruges

In Bruges is about an assassin who goes to Bruges (Belgium) to kill a priest but it goes awfully wrong in the process. The film is funny and has a brilliantly constructed plot/narrative. At first I heard about the film through my brother but never really got round to watching it. Until we saw the 1st half in media and I enjoyed it. I then went home and decided to watch it. I didn’t even know it was a British film but now thinking about it, the actors pretty much give it away. The film overall is brilliant and is a must watch.

The film was budgeted at £15 million and got a total gross of £33,084,467. It was nominated for a total of seven awards by the British Independent Film Awards and only won 1 of them. IMDB gave it a total of 8.1 out of 10 and fetched 85,765 votes in total.

For the film there were very few advertisements, far less than I would have seen for a major film like Transformers. This was probably because there was a considerably less budgets than most high-end American films. For this there was only a £15 million budget. Compared to transformers which was £350 million. Thatsa spicey meataball.

IMDB Quotes:
    This was a positive comment about the film.

Now please i am no expert or authority nor did i ever claimed to be. But this movie is simply the greatest of all time to me, My previous all time best was Pulp Fiction.

Now a not so positive comment.

Thank God I didn't have to pay to see this is all I can say... Firstly I hated how within five minutes of seeing Colin Farrell we see him having a break down in a toilet. I don't even know his character let alone like him and so it annoys me when directors so lazily try to make the audience sympathise with the character without even letting us get to know them like they did here. The scene where he calls the fat tourists elephants and then has an 'amusing' little chase scene with him. Too unrealistic and trying too hard to be funny. I watched Fargo instead...

Personally this comment isn’t true at all. I found the film quite comical and brilliantly done.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:01 am