Heath Park Film and Media Studies

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Heath Park Film and Media Studies

A student forum to talk about the Film Media courses we run at Heath Park

2 posters

British Film

AJ*
    AJ*

British Film Empty British Film

Post  AJ* Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:19 am

My favourite british film is Hot Fuzz. This film is about: Nicholas Angel (Pegg), an extremely dedicated police officer in London's Metropolitan Police Service, performs his duties so well that he is accused of making his colleagues look bad. As a result, his superiors transfer him to crime-free Sandford, a village in rural Gloucestershire. I like this film because it's like almost serious even though its pathetic but extreamly funny! Theres lots of blood, guts and gore in this film which is always good, but with the added comedy takes away the horor involved. In this film theres lots and lots of chase scences, all pretty much people chasing eachother to kill on another. Overall i really enjoyed this film even though i didn't think i would when hearing about it. Very Happy

This film had an £8 million budget and the gross revenue was $80,573,774! Pretty impressive. Hot fuzz won the empire award for best comedy and best actor (Simon Pegg). Also it was nominated for best british film but didn't get it. It also won a national movie award for best comedy.
    IMDBV gave this film an 8/10 which is excellent and it fetched 121,750 votes! Also there is many good positive revews of this film with many people on IMDB rating its creativity quite high. Many folks are impressed with 'Pegg' who plays a massive role in this film and is very sucessful.

Last edited by AJ* on Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:06 am; edited 5 times in total
    Mr Fletcher
    Mr Fletcher
    Admin

British Film Empty Re: British Film

Post  Mr Fletcher Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:34 am

So, first question... you say you didn't expect to like it - why not? What were your preconceptions of the film? What did you expect it to be like? Where did you get your preconceptions from?
    Mr Fletcher
    Mr Fletcher
    Admin

Post  Mr Fletcher Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:08 am

If you can go back and look at some reviews can you summarise what people liked about it... and maybe you can also find some negative reviews (imdb and rotten tomatoes both let you rank reviews in score order to it's easy to find bad ones) and summarise what people don't like about it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:29 am